MARA New Member Application
Student Member Application
MARA CEU Policy (2021)
Liability Insurance Requirements:
As outlined by MARA, all members are required to purchase and maintain valid professional liability insurance that meets the requirements outlined below.
- Minimum 1 million per claim and 5 million Aggregate per year
- MARA Member’s NAME. Member’s business may also be listed.
- Effective date of insurance policy
- “Acupuncture” specific notation OR definition which includes the practice of acupuncture OR be included in a general listing* of alternative medicines and holistic practices that an insurance policy covers and covered under a broader term like “alternative medicine” or “naturopathic therapies” or “Naturopathie/Naturotherapie.” Please note: *MARA may request a copy of any Insurance companies’ General Listing of modalities, alternative medicines and holistic practices covered under their umbrella terms to ensure Acupuncture and related TCM Treatments are covered.
- It must also have written 1 of 3 headings :
- Professional Liability
- Errors and Omissions
- Malpractice Insurance
If the documentation submitted DOES NOT meet the above requirements, the MARA member will be advised to follow up with their insurance to ensure their policy meets the above minimum requirements.
It is up to each member to educate themselves on their liability insurance requirements, be aware of the risks and benefits and ensure their coverage meets their individual needs as well as MARA’s Requirements.
Recommended Insurance Company: Most MARA Members choose Liability Insurance with Brokerlink Insurance (Formerly LMI Canada/Lackner McLennan)